Friday, March 9, 2007

Ignition Update

Last week, Leigh helped me run some tests on the spark plugs that we got from NGK. The spark plugs that we tested are: R0045J-9, B7S, BM6F and BPR6EGP. It turns out that the B7S and BM6F work best. The next step would be to see how well they light up kerosene and liquid oxygen.

I recently finished drawing the augmented spark chamber with SolidWorks, and I hope to get it machined soon.

This is the augmented spark chamber that will be mounted on top of the main combustion chamber. The spark plug will be threaded into the spark chamber at the top, and small amount of fuel will be supplied from the side.

No comments: