November 11, 2007 at 9:05 am
Managers: Curtis, Tom, Winnie
· Our account has been frozen, Joel needs to submit the names and student numbers soon.
· Need sponsors!!
Signing off building documents not as easy as thought. Curtis has been in contact with an engineering firm that would help us re-design the test site for $2000. There are three things that need to be considered:
- The concrete/rebar footing. The engineer said 12" under the lock block wall, and 4 in between.
- The wall strength; We need to make sure it can withstand an explosion, therefore we need to work out the calculations for the pressure and verify it with Dr Rogak.
- The strength of the connection between the roof and walls
We also need a door for sound suppression and a series of vents to vent the gases.
Since the design of the building has changed, we need to contact Eddie Ho from UBC Building Services about the changes
· Not sure if the parts that we ordered during the summer have arrived yet.
· We should make an inventory of the parts that we have.
· James will finish the injector plate drawing.
· Winnie will assemble all the SolidWorks drawings and make them ready for machining, however she needs to add tolerances to the parts, which is difficult. Parts will expand thermally at different rates, so we need to make sure that they still fit. Need to consult Dr Pete Ostafichuck, the Mech 2 coordinator.
· Curtis will look into machining companies.
· Dr Meech wants to try for the Lunar X-Prize, so we will collaborate with T-Bird Robotics.
Meeting adjourned at 10:28am